General checklist for cases when you have problems with the verification
- Clear the browser cache (Ctrl+Shift+R for Windows, Command+Shift+R for MacOS) and restart the browser (type chrome://restart in a new tab and press Enter), then log in again;
- Make sure that at the beginning of the verification, that you click the Share button in the "Provide access to the screen" window:
- Make sure that you grant Examus access to your camera and microphone in the pop-up window when you start the verification process (pop-ups must be allowed in the chrome browser settings: chrome://settings/content/popups).
- Make sure that the browser settings allow the Examus extension to access the camera chrome://settings/content/camera and the microphone chrome://settings/content/microphone. The Examus extension must be added to the "Allow" list. If you see it in the "Block" list, kindly remove it from there.
- The test may fail if there is insufficient light in the room or the camera lens has a cover;
- Check the availability and speed of your Internet connection (https://yandex.ru/internet/). The minimum data transfer rate from the user (upload) has to be at least 1 Mbit/sec, and the recommended speed is 2 Mbit/sec.
- Make sure that access to the camera and microphone is not blocked by the antivirus or firewall (try to pass the verification with the antivirus/firewall disabled; if it solves the problem, check the antivirus/firewall settings);
- Check whether other applications that capture the video stream (Skype, Webcammax, etc.) are running. To correctly terminate these applications, use the Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, select the application and click "Remove task");
- It is forbidden to use services for remote administration (TeamViewer, RAdmin, Windows Remote Desktop);
- If you have to participate in the examination by using a corporate laptop and/or Internet connection, talk with your system administrator to see if traffic from your camera and microphone is blocked;
- Make sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of the Google Chrome browser. To do this, enter the following address: chrome://help, and update the current version if necessary;
- Check your computer's operating system (OS) version. Google has stopped supporting Windows XP and Vista. In order to use all the features, one needs to have Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 or higher;
- Please note that testing from mobile devices is not supported;
- For Windows 10: Make sure that the camera and microphone on your computer are enabled and allowed to access applications in Windows settings (Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera, Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone);
- On Lenovo devices, the camera may be blocked by proprietary SOFTWARE. Contact technical support at email@example.com for recommendations on setting up the camera;
How to solve issues during the preliminary verification process
All elements are frozen