To troubleshoot microphone problems, follow these steps:
· Check options in your OS and in program that you use:
1. Check volume and sensitivity level;
2. Check selected device (From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences and then click Sound);
· If the settings are OK, try to reset NVRAM:
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Shut Down.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command, P, and R. You will need to press and hold these keys simultaneously in step 4.
3. Turn on your Mac.
4. Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys, before the black screen with the Apple logo appears. Continue pressing the keys until your Mac restarts, about 15 seconds.
5. Release the keys.
· On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
· Select Microphone.
· Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to access the microphone.
· Deselect the checkbox to turn off access for that app.
· If you turn off access for an app, you’re asked to turn it on again the next time that app tries to use your microphone.