Try the following recommendations to pass the system check:
· Make sure that you use the most current version of Google Chrome, Yandex.Browser or Microsoft Edge. Open one of these pages for your browser:
chrome://settings/help (for Google Chrome)
browser://help/ (for Yandex.Browser)
edge://settings/help (for Microsoft Edge)
· Press «Repeat system check» several times, sometimes checking may be accepted after two or three times;
· Make sure that at the beginning of the check you press «Share» in the «Provide access to the screen» (If the Share button in the "Provide access to the screen" window is inactive, click on the desktop image to highlight it with blue frame, and then click Share);
· The check may fail if your room is poorly lit or your camera lens is covered with a cap;
· Make sure that in Google Chrome settings site hse.student.examus.net allowed for the camera and microphone. The site must be listed under the "Allow" heading and must not be listed under the "Block" heading.
For Google Chrome
For Microsoft Edge
· Check that there is no other applications that capture video stream (Skype, Webcammax, etc.) launched. Use the Task Manager to shut down these applications correctly (press Ctrl + Shift + Esc, select the application and click End Task);
· Make sure that access to the camera and microphone is not blocked by the antivirus / firewall (try to pass the check with the antivirus / firewall disabled, if the check passes, remove the blocking in the antivirus / firewall settings).
· For Windows 10: Make sure that the camera and microphone on your computer are turned on and have the access to applications in the Windows settings (Start> Settings> Privacy> Camera, Start> Settings> Privacy> Microphone). You can check working capacity of your camera and microphone using these sites: https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ and https://www.onlinemictest.com/
· Check your computer's operating system (OS) version. Browsers do not receive updates on older versions of operating systems. To make browsers work correctly, please use one of this OS:
· Windows 7/8/8.1/10
· macOS 10.10 or newer - for Google Chrome or MS Edge; or 10.12 or newer - for Yandex.Browser;
· Ubuntu 14.04 (x64) or newer;
· Debian 8 or newer;
· OpenSUSE 13.3 or newer;
· Fedora Linux 24 or newer.