In order to reduce the risk of technical problems and make your experience with online proctoring a breeze, it is important to prepare for your test in advance.
Prepare your computer
In advance of the test, make sure that your computer is ready for the proctoring session:
- Make sure your computer meets minimum technical requirements.
- Using macOS? Make sure to allow it to use your camera and record your screen.
- Do a preliminary system check.
- Make sure that your browser is up to date.
- Unplug your second monitor and headphones if you use them.
Prepare your workspace
Remove items that are not allowed by the testing rules.
- Testing rules: What is allowed and what is prohibited?
- How to prepare the workplace before testing?
- Why do I need proof of identity?
Important: Check with your test organizer or school to find out what items are / aren't allowed during the test.
Choose a test
Follow the instructions you receive from your institution or test provider in order to start the test. If the test requires pre-registration in the Calendar, find a free time slot.
Important: a link to the test and detailed instructions on how to sign in to it will be sent to you by the institution or test organizer. If you have not received the instructions, contact test organizers.
Familiarize yourself with the interface of the Examus proctoring solution in advance. We wish you success and good results!